Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Blahh.

My day has been pretty boringggg. I've been just sitting here with nothing to do, so I wrote a few poems. Here they go!

"Thinking"

I think and think and think of you
Thinking, contemplating, pondering
giving thought to the thought of thinking of you
Transparent, clear, vivid, canvas of a person
whose presence seeps right through me
Essence seems to travel from the very top of my head to my feet
from my feet who guides me right back to thoughts
of thinking of you
How much thinking can one possibly do?
Until I've studied every millimeter to inch of you
inside and out around and through
Through walls set up to protect
to depths no one has touched yet
Over and beneath all doubt
thinking about...what you're thinking about
Communication through silence
Beyond your tolerance of "random" women
Thinking
Thinking I want to be your assurance
that people can be naturally good
and the touch I give is naturally pure
Pure to the thoughts of thinking of you
Random acts of kindness come naturally simply thinking of you
Well worth my time
deserving of my thoughts and for each thought
I've caught myself thinking and thinking about you again...


"Deaf"

I long to hear your voice.
Soft folds of velvet draped across my name.
Dripping slow like honey from my ears
whispers of nothing and everything.
Love in the words fall like raindrops on my skin,
washing me with sweet soliloquies of promise.
Mind falls deaf to the warm caress of your inaudible kiss
heard only with the heart.
Your breath over my body screams of bliss
and is met with an echo of indescribable joy.
What's more beautiful than beautiful?
Quiet, for the words we are don't exist yet;
unmatched, unparalleled, prototypical, and without flaw.
Untraceable dialect, foreign tongue, understood by no one outside of We.
Tattooed on my soul invisible to all but you,
"yours" in so many words,
and shouted in deafening silence.

"Love in the fastlane"

Last night was evidence, that I am merely human.
Yes. Nothing, but human at times.
It all started with a kiss. A guiltless kiss.
On my neck. Sweet, simple bliss.
Then that simplistic expression, it changed.
He kissed me like he meant it and here I am
Again…
Love in the fast lane.
Adrenaline seeking, drag strip lover am I.
Smitten. Smitten, I am.
He says my name, my engine revs.
Seat belt right, grip 10 and 2 tight.
Foot on the gas. I want to green light.
Straight toward the best parts. But he.
He hangs in the right lane, when it comes to his heart.
Takes it slow, cruising as me and my emotions
Speed right by…
Me in love with the fast lane.
Change my pace. Park my heart.
In that space right in between his arms.
Enveloped by his warm voice, secure in his embrace,
I find rest with my ear pressed to his chest
Perfect slumber all night long
His heart beat…. blasting my favorite song.

"Soulmate"

Maybe,
He is looking for me too
Searching for his missing rib
Maybe,
He can't sleep at night either
He stays up at night dreaming of the possibility
Of finding me
Maybe,
He has the name of our kids picked out
I wonder if they are the same names I want?
Maybe,
He finds himself daydreaming at the oddest times
He spends so much time thinking about the future
He can hardly focus on the present
Maybe,
He prays for me
Just like I pray for him
Prays that I wait for him
That I don't settle for someone else
And leave him alone forever
Maybe,
He prays that God equips me with
The tools to be a great woman, friend, wife, mother
Maybe,
He knows that I exist
That I am somewhere
Looking for him
Dreaming of him
Praying for him
Maybe,
The connection between us that is so strong
That even though we haven't met
We think of each other at the same time
And fall in love
Maybe,
Just Maybe,
He is looking for me too.

No comments: