Friday, June 12, 2009

Our demise

I love you
More than words can say
But you’ll never believe me
I mask my ostensibly unrequited love with animosity
Protect my heart with a callous and austere demeanor
I wish you would see through my resilient façade
I wish that you would see that I’m incredibly fragile
Ready to break at a moment’s notice
But my act has been so impeccably perfected, you believe

You could never imagine the pain of being in love with someone that can’t love you back.

I wish you could see me at night
When thoughts of you,
Of us,
Are most rampant
I can’t seem to stop the visions of me wrapped in your arms
In those visions, I was with you and that was all that mattered
The fact that we both belonged to another meant almost nothing
It only meant that the time we had together was that much more precious

We have a connection that you cannot deny
So strong it drives me to do things I wouldn’t normally do
I know you want to do the right thing
But is the right thing always the best thing?

You’ve entered my life and it has never been the same

I can see it in your eyes
You wish that we can stick it out
Wait.
Vent.
But we are both so overwhelmed by the newness
The paroxysm of emotions
The exploration of both our carnal desires
It is simply uncontainable, irrepressible, overwhelming

Our ecstasy will become our demise

No comments: