Monday, June 8, 2009

Lonely

I can't cope with rejection…
And so I reject
That’s how the lonely fake it and act as if they’re alone willingly
When in truth I’m just waiting for someone to come rescue me
Save me from myself being that I’m my worst enemy
Can’t wait for the day that love will have its way with me
And break down the brick wall that I pretend to be
I want a man to accept all of me, especially my flaws
Knowing that I don't come pre-packaged perfectly
Accept me as I am
Nourish me, feed my hungry soul
Be that piece I'm lacking
Fill the void, make me whole
My whole heart I'd give that man who'd stand with me as life's storms began to rage
And walk with me knowingly as if he read the next page of my autobiography
I write my story each day but I'd love to have a co-author to take my saddened tone
lightening my load and take my pain away.
Lonely, longing, waiting
For the day that heaven will open up and smile
My soul mate will take my hand, making the days of my past worth while.

No comments: