Friday, May 22, 2009

Two days in a row!

Another post. Yeah, I know, surprising. I wrote another poem! I don't think I have anything to update on, well not anything important so I'll just post this. Here goes!

"Acoustic"

Lets strip
take away the high hat
alleviate the treble
dismiss the 808
I want you acoustic.
I want the essence of you
uninhibited,
carefree,
without worry or care
the discovery of your core.
I'm not interested in what could be
what might would be
what has been
only what is, because thats all that matters.
Simplicity-pure
without airs or false pretense,
without judgement, trial or jury.
No games just us.
You, and me...
My past doesn't matter
Your future isn't guaranteed
But the present is here,
its urgent that you feel me.
Lets emotionally skinny dip
in the pool of each other
moving freely without weight
no force of gravity pull to fight,
nobody else to answer to except ourselves.
Stripped.
I wanna know where your smile derives before it shows across your face
I wanna know the contents of every bag in every tears journey
I wanna know your strengths and your fears, your hopes and your foundation
I.Want.You...acoustically.
The swaggar is what you want me to see
The home holds who you're preparing to be,
neither of which are of interest to me.
No games,
no tricks.
I have faith in our song.

No comments: