Thursday, May 21, 2009

It has been forever.

Wow. I haven't graced this blog with my presence in awhile. I admit, I did forget about it. A friend of mine reminded me of it last night. He also reminded me that I haven't written any poems in awhile. So yeah, thank him cause he's like the insipration for all of this. I wrote the first poem earlier today and the second one I just got done writing. They're not like my best, but I thought I should get back into writing again.

1st one

"Reach for me"

In the wake of this disaster
My arms outstretch for you
Can we meet somewhere in the middle?
Maybe along the lines of eternity and a moment after forever?
Walk with me as we circumvent through our collage of hurt and heartbreak
Talk with me as I get lost in your dialect as you leave a deep imprint on my mind
Your words leave me with lingering thoughts of what could be
A love beyond a school girls fantasy.
Reach for me…
Lets fill this vacant space that separates us.
Let me touch you and dismiss the hurt that’s buried beneath the surface of your soul.
I see the apprehension in your eyes
Previous lovers brings your heart dark clouds of uncertainty.
Are you willing to give me the chance to show you an everlasting love?
Reach for me…
Allow this love to touch you deeply.
And feel this spiritual connection of what we are destined to be
Reach for me…
As I render myself helpless within your presence
Not only are you the owner of my heart but my souls constant obsession…
Reach for me…


2nd one

"Portrait of my feelings"

I wanted to write a poem to you
One with flowery similes and sweet metaphors
Wrapping my thoughts around ur head
Like a crown of verbs
Injecting action continuesly through your psyche
Making u run...jump...and scream my name

I wanted to pour my heart onto parchment
Painting my love on the canvass of your mind
So that all your thoughts would shine in vivid hues of me

I wanted to be supine... locked in your gaze
As you read the contents of my soul
Immersing urself into my story
While spirits whispered secrets into your ear

I wanted to convey my excitement in you
In forms of fine art... like the masters of yesteryear
Presenting you with lasting gifts of my essence
Wrapped up in the fabric of me

I wanted to let this flood of joy erupt
Branding paper with the salt of my tears
But the happiness I’ve found wont let me cry
So instead I use the light of my smile to write by

I wanted to draw you a detailed map
Compassing a route to my buried treasure
Guiding you towards the glistening jewel
X marks the spot to my pearl

I wanted to write a poem to you
Fitting all my love inside an 8x10
But with each word I wrote
My love continued to grow
Bypassing the limits of page

2 comments:

CM said...

Wow.........
This is amazing

Definite.Beauty said...

Thank you.
:)