Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's about time!

I've been slacking terribly when it comes to updating my blog. I feel bad for neglecting it but I've just been so lazy to do it and some nights I just feel like I have nothing interesting enough to talk about, but here goes. It's time for an update!

Now, let's see, what's been going on with me?

Nothing really besides school. It's going pretty good so far. Classes aren't too stressful yet. Thank God! This week I'm having two tests and I'm halfway done studying for one and I'll do the rest of that studying later on this week. My weekend was just pretty busy so I didn't have much time to study. I went out Friday and Saturday night. I had to make up for not going out for awhile. I had a great time though. Friday I was shooting pool and kicking ass and Saturday I went clubbing, something I haven't done in a long time. Now I'm tired though, because I came home at like 4 this morning and I woke up at like 10 and I didn't sleep anymore at all today. Even though I'm all tired, I had to do this blog! Eric would probably kill me if I didn't do it. Marc probably would too. And being killed by two people ain't no fun! Lol.

Well, that's about it for the update but I guess I'll just talk about some random things for now because now that I've started I actually don't wanna stop.

Today, I watched football and I actually really liked it. I liked it before but not this much. Being a daddy's girl and around daddy so much I ended up watching a lot but I've never watched without him until now. It was cool though. I actually called him while watching the game with the Dolphins since it's his favorite team and we enjoyed watching the Patriots get their asses whopped! I guess I gotta watch more often!

In other news, I don't understand why people think I'm American. I'm not. Like if I'm talking to someone and say something like "you Americans" they'd be like "You're American too." I don't get why they would think that. I was born, grew up and still live in The Bahamas right now so that would make me Bahamian. Just thought I'd clear that up just in case some of you think that. =]

Moving along, the other day I was thinking about marriage and I wonder if I could deal with being married and living with my husband. That is some serious shit to think about. When it comes to my living space and my surroundings little things annoy me and piss me off if things aren't how I'm used to it being so I don't know how I'd react living with my significant other. I would HAVE to live with that person beforehand to see what their living habits are like because some things drive me crazy and I simply could not tolerate it. Living with someone will definitely make or break your relationship. You don't truly know someone until you're sharing the same personal space I guess. And it would probably be frustrating, especially when you're independent and like your alone time like me. But then again I guess when you're in love you look past all that shit. Too bad I wouldn't know since I've never been in love. I wonder what it's like. -sigh

Hmmm, am I rambling on too much?

If I am too bad. I just got so many things running through my mind right now. I'm gonna blog them all and you better read damnit!

So, Weezy is having a concert here next Friday and I'm still trying to figure out whether or not I'm going. I mean, I don't dislike Weezy nor am I a huge fan but I really wouldn't mind going. This would be like my first time going to a concert with a rap artist. I've been to tons of concerts with Reggae artists though. Anyway, the main reason why I'm not sure about going is because I don't think it's too safe. Usually at concerts, some fight or something always breaks out. Since lots of guys are probably gonna be there its bound to happen. Sure there will be police and security there but they ain't worth shit. So maybe I won't go. But then I want to. Oh, what shall I do?!

One last thing, earlier I was talking to someone on Yahoo and realized what I typed was "island talk" and the person probably wouldn't know what I was trying to say. Lots of times I find myself having to backspace what I type because you guys probably would be wondering what the fuck I'm talking about. I talk proper to all of you but if I was talking to someone from here it would be totally different. Our dialect isn't so bad that it sounds like we're speaking a different language but you wouldn't be able to understand the majority of things that I say if I didn't speak proper. It isn't so much of how we say things but its just what we say because my accent isn't that strong. Maybe one day if you'd like a lesson in Bahamian dialect, just let me know. I might be up for it. Lol. Let give you a little taste right now. Here are some things we would say that you guys probably don't know about.

add on: to show off

all on a sudden: suddenly

blumus: large undergarment worn by a female aka granny pantiessss lol

boo boo: an unattractive individual.

cahoots: an organised plot

camolly bump: a bump resulting from a blow to any part of the head

curry-favour: favourtism

cut-skin: beating or cut ass

gall: will power or audacity

piece-piece: to do something a little at a time

link up: good bye

what you sayin: how are you?

And those are just a few. Lol. There is sooooo much more. Like persons have made dictionaries with all the things we say.

But anyway, I'm getting a little tired now. I think that's a good enough update! I hope it's not too much for you guys to read.

Until next time though!

Payce!




4 comments:

That Guy said...

I learned something today
=)
I enjoyed reading this entry!!
and lol relax im not going to kill you

Definite.Beauty said...

Lol.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And I know you won't, you luhhhh me too much to do that!

Lorenzo. said...

LOL @ your dialect.
I wish you spoke to me like that,
it would really make my day, every day.

Adina Renée. said...

you live in the bahamas?
that's fucking awesome.