Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And againnn

So, I wrote these yesterday but didn't post em', so here goessssss. I'm like writing 2 poems a day now. My skills are coming back pretty well huh? :) I hope these aren't too long for you to read.

"I fell in love with a poet"

We would meet after dark for our poetic rendezvous
Minds vibin’
Pens collidin’
Hearts pourin’
Souls stirrin’
Telling poetic tales for only our eyes to see
He was my inspiration, my muse, the very core of me.
He was my hearts counterpart
My before and after
My complicated melody, my beautiful disaster.
We would meet in random spots and let our ink drip
He’d pour me cup after cup of his poetic intellect and I’d eagerly take sips.
He’d call me his bolt of lightening
Because I was silent yet electrifying
Even simple conversations shared between us was poetic
And I…I thought everything was copasetic
But then one day I noticed something that completely shook my mind
He had found a new muse…a new rhythm to his rhyme.
I peer back on the love we shared that’s tucked on lines of loose leaf papers
As I reminisce on the sweetness of our chemistry as I sit back and savor…
The moment
Wondering why I never saw it coming
I will honestly admit that it’s hard to let go
My pen is no longer inspired because his absence has shifted my flow
But I still go to our secret spot everyday at the same time
Hoping to find him there again and maybe craft a few lines
And maybe write another masterpiece by letting our stanzas intertwine
But for now I keep the memories of us tucked in a special corner of my mind.
And though these words may never find him I am sure he knows he stole my heart
I fell deeply in love with him the first time I read his work of art.
And even though I am hurt beyond belief I try my hardest not to show it
So I keep the memories of what use to be close to my soul and treasure the moment when I fell in love with a poet.

"He Serenades me"

He serenades me with beautiful lies, hits betrayal in octaves I’ve never heard
He had me strung out on those melodic notes and I was a prisoner of his words.
He sang those fabricated tales to me a cappella, he had them memorized…no musical sheets or beats
He serenaded me with that sweet poison constantly, almost like a good CD you keep on repeat.
And before I knew it I had become a groupie, the President of his fan club
I purchased every hoax he every sold…yes, I had fallen deeply in love.
I knew every lie song by memory, could sing it to you verbatim
Those notes always swirled around in my head and I was beginning to hate’em
I knew he was bringing beauty to his trickery and it would lead straight to doom,
But every time I tried to walk away he’d have me humming a different tune.
I was such an adoring fan, I couldn’t shut out those beautiful words
I constantly fell victim to his soulful ballads no matter how much it seemed to hurt.
I drove to his house tonight to end it, I had finally made up my mind
I was convinced I wasn’t going to let him swoon me with his lyrics this time.
It was time I unleashed myself from his spell, I had been captivated for far too long
I wondered if he’d sing, “Baby, give me one more chance”, he had went multi-platinum with that song.
He must’ve sensed I was ready to call it quits because as soon as he opened the door
He began singing verse after verse of his number one hits and I begged for an encore.
He even switched up the flow on me, he sung a song that pierced me at the core of my heart
This was one I’d never heard before, but it was sure to top the charts.
::Deep Sigh::
What can I say? I’m a dedicated fan and there’s no way I can say goodbye
He wrapped me in his arms tonight and serenaded me with yet another deceitful lullaby.

No comments: